Renter Help

What am I responsible for if I have an accident?

If there is an incident while a renter is using a Rent A Car Club car, the Thai Traffic Act states that the driver has the duty to stop, report the accident and give information or documents.

If, as a renter you are involved in a road-traffic accident with a Rent A Car Club car and one or more of the following occurs:

  • anyone (other than the driver) is injured
  • another vehicle or any other property is damaged
  • an animal on the road or in another car is injured (but not an animal in the Rent A Car Club vehicle)
  • items such as a street lamp, bollard, road sign or any other normal street ‘furniture’ are damaged
  • Law states that the driver needs to stop and stay at the scene for a reasonable time.

The renter needs to provide the vehicle registration number, the car owner name and home address and his own name and address to anyone with reasonable grounds for asking for those details.

To find the car owners home address and full name please check the rental agreement.

Where any injury is caused to another person, the renter also needs to provide the certificate of insurance we provide.

As a renter, we advise you to explain any third party that Rent A Car Club insurance should be used in case of a claim (instead of the owner’s car insurance, which is linked to the car’s plate number).

Renters should remember that in the event of an accident it is the Law in Thailand that you must wait for the insurance company to come and assess the accident, failure to comply means that they will not cover any accident. we would ask you to also inform Rent A Car Club as soon as possible (within less than 24 hours from the incident).

We will obtain the pertinent details and help you in filing a police report if appropriate, and guide them and the car owner through the incident reporting process.

Find Cars For Rent

Find the perfect car rental in Bangkok or even anywhere in Thailand.

Bug Report