Visiting acountry and touring is best done behind the wheels. But, when you’re thousandsof miles away from home, what’re you supposed to do? Commuting is a goodoption, but it’s not exactly as good as driving yourself to wherever you want.For this very reason, you’ll want to go and rent out a car for the duration ofyour visit.
Thailand, forexample, is a great place to visit. It’s a tropical country home to pristinebeaches and all sorts of sights to see. It’s also the birthplace of Muay Thai,and the best place to train in that discipline.
If you plan onexploring Thailand anytime soon, you’ll want to do it in the comforts of yourcar, which is exactly why you should rent a car surat thani.
Before doingthat, however, you’ll have to make sure that you educate yourself first aboutlocal laws and other important information.
Below are threekey information that you definitely would want to know before you go availingof car rental surat thani services in Thailand.
1. Regardingyour driver’s license. For tourists who’ve been in the Kingdom for lessthan 90 days and whose license is in English, it is possible to use a foreignlicense to rent a car. If the license is not in English, but is valid, it isstill possible to use it provided you’re able to secure a certified translationinto Thai or English.
· International driver’s licenses may also be usedto rent a car in Thailand for as long as one year. However, after that, you’llneed to secure a Thai international license to continue driving the car legally.Although, to be safe, do check your insurance policy first. Some policies haveshorter limits of only up to three months, while others will only accept a Thailicense.
2. Gettinga Thai Driver’s License. Thai driver’s licenses are available at the localDepartment of Transportation of any province.
The requirements are the following:
· Be of sound mind and good health (not havingphysical or mental handicap(s) that will prevent you from operating a vehiclesafely).
· Be at least 18 years of age.
· Have a valid Non-Immigrant Visa. Tourists maynot apply.
· A certificate of Residency.
· A recent medical certificate.
3. Regardinginsurance. Don’t expect to get much as far as insurance goes, more so ifyou typed in the words surat thani rent a car cheap when looking for acar rental service. It’s important to take note that Thai law has a very bareminimum liability requirement. Some companies use the minimum, while others usefirst class insurance.
* Having the wrong license can and will voidany insurance coverage. Make sure that you do not forget the policy for thetype of license accepted and for how long it is valid.
** Always ask for the insurance coverage inwriting. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and do not let them rush you. If the carrental surat thani services are unable to provide you the policy inwriting, avoid trusting them and look for another. Remember, it’s better to besafe than sorry.
Renting a car inThailand is the best way to enjoy this beautiful country. In surat thanicheck out rent a car club to find a good rental service cheap. Or,you can also ask for help from your travel agency. Just don’t forget to do yourdue diligence first to make sure that your trip is safe and hassle-free.
Find the perfect car rental in Bangkok or even anywhere in Thailand.